Tuesday, March 5, 2024
HomeGeneral TourismSATC chief executive welcomes the start date for a trans-Tasman bubble

SATC chief executive welcomes the start date for a trans-Tasman bubble

With quarantine-free travel between Australia and New Zealand getting the green light, South Australian Tourism Commission chief executive Rodney Harrex said South Australia is waiting with open arms to welcome Kiwis back to the state.

“We expect the first travellers boarding flights to South Australia, will be the visiting friends and relatives’ market, but pent-up travel demand and with so many experiences here in South Australia that we know Kiwis love – from outdoor retreats surrounded by nature, to tasting delicious locally produced food and award-winning wine – means there is huge potential.”

Rodney says that with such a strong connection between New Zealand and Australia, and a record 43,000 trips made by New Zealanders to South Australia in 2019, the appetite for travel to South Australia from Kiwis remains strong.

“Pre-COVID, visitation to South Australia was the highest we’ve ever seen so we can’t wait to have Kiwis travel to our region again. The announcement also provides a boost for our local industry and a blueprint for the safe restart of international tourism.

Rodney says SATC has a very strong working relationship with Air New Zealand and in partnership with Adelaide Airport had been working with Air New Zealand to ensure the state was ready to go for two-way traffic.

“We have continued to be active in marketing South Australia into the New Zealand market, in full expectation that people will be super keen to fly,” he says.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments